While I was looking for some info for my Tip of the Day column, an idea crossed my mind, I thought that all of us (girls) have at least some basic knowledge on how to treat our hair and make it look nice. Our men, in contrary, often don’t even know how to wash and brush their hair, so that they could have a more or less decent look in various situations.
So, I made up a list of easy hair tips that could be helpful to any man willing to get a nice hairdo.
1. Use a shampoo particularly created for your hair type. For instance, if you have oily and thick hair, make sure to not buy a shampoo for dry and thin locks.
2. Hair conditioner is not a girls-only product. You can also use hair conditioner, expecially if you have curly, or thin hair, or in case you are dealing with hair loss. But don’t borrow your girlfriend’s conditioner! Purchase your own and use it regularly. I am sure, you will not regret.
3. If you started using a conditioner, make sure you rinsed all of it from your hair. Wash your hair untill you see the water is clean. Otherwise, your hair will look dull when it dries.
4. When washing your hair, take a minute or two to massage your scalp. It will stimulate hair growth and take off weariness.
5. If you are used to washing your hair in the mornings, when you don’t have time for applying both shampoo and conditioner, try 2 in 1 hair shampoo + conditioner.
6. If you have oily hair, wash your hair every day, as otherwise it will look greasy and dull, and I bet your lady doesn’t like it. Try MEN Shampoo For Oily Hair, it removes grease and resfreshes hair and scalp.
7. In order to have a thicker-looking hairdo, let your hair dry on its own, don’t use a blow-dryer. While it is drying naturally, hair absorbs the needed moisture and looks healthier and thicker.
8. On special occasions use hairstyling products. There are four types of such products, designed for men’s hair. Check my review of men’s hairstyling products, if you don’t know what type you need.
9. If you have dandruff, you should know one thing about this problem: it is caused by oily scalp, not a dry one. So, in case you have flaking, use a special shampoo, which removes dandruff and treats oily hair. Try Shoulders Hair Endurance for Men Pyrithione Zinc Dandruff Shampoo or Nizoral AntiDandruff Shampoo for excessive flaking.
10. If you spend a lot of time on open sun, your hair may dry out, and look dull and lackluster. Use an after-sun shampoo, like Rene Furterer Repairing Shampoo After Sun, to repair your hair and give shine.
And the last, but not least, don’t laugh at your gilfriend who has a bunch of bottles for every occasion, we know a thing about taking care of our hair, and you can borrow some ideas as well.